Are you interested in applying your sales tenacity to create a positive impact? Are you eager to join a highly collaborative, fast-paced start-up environment to do good? If so, Packed with Purpose may be just what you’re looking for.
About the Company:
Packed with Purpose is a fast-growing, woman-owned company that embeds social impact into the everyday act of gift giving for corporate clients and consumers. Each of our gifts includes products from purposeful organizations and companies that create an impact, such as empowering underserved communities, providing job skills to women and young people, and supporting global sustainability efforts. Our clients, from Fortune 500 companies to nonprofit organizations to socially conscious individuals, choose our gifts to spread that social impact to their employees, clients, and friends while positively influencing their businesses. As a company focused on social impact, we want you to be as excited about our mission as we are.
About the Role:
We are seeking a sales professional to help expand our B2B/ corporate gifting services. As an Account Executive, your main priority is to educate potential customers about the value of Packed with Purpose gifts to successfully convert prospects into customers and build relationships with our corporate clients to generate ongoing business and referrals
In this role you will be directly responsible for sourcing, cultivating and closing new client deals while maintaining ongoing client relationships. Success in this role is measured by hitting and exceeding monthly sales goals through cold calls, emails and networking to source and close new client orders. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has experience with cold calling, emailing, and general business development and is an eager, high-energy sales professional who understands and leverages the power of relationships to cultivate new business. This role is for a remote sales position.
- Drive sales growth by owning and managing a pipeline of prospects, all managed in our CRM (Hubspot)
- Identify prospects and aggregate leads across target industries and functions
- Educate, strategize and successfully sell Packed with Purpose gifts to prospects through phone, email, and networking
- Become an expert in our custom gift solutions, including learning our suppliers and their unique products, to build custom gift options based on a client’s needs
- Design creative solutions to client needs through a consultative approach to sales
- Quickly develop relationships to successfully set-up meetings with qualified prospects
- Collaborate with marketing and sales on lead quality and conversion
- Evangelize Packed with Purpose and our unique gifting solutions
- Discover and attend local or virtual organizations and events to expand the Packed with Purpose brand awareness and client base through networking
- Utilize your existing network and cultivate a broader base of contacts to source opportunities
- Exceed goals of qualified opportunities and closed business
- Stay organized and manage your time effectively in order to achieve your goals
- Work independently to establish a market presence in your region, using Packed with Purpose best practices and brand assets
- Share industry learnings, networking tips and wins/losses with the rest of the team to contribute to a collaborative and educational environment
- Consistently delight customers from initial prospecting to closed sale and beyond
The Ideal Candidate Is:
- Tenacious: You’ve sold before and know what’s involved in identifying and converting leads. You are comfortable with every step of the sales process, from identifying target customers, cultivating relationships, closing deals, and engaging clients for future orders. Inside sales experience a plus.
- A Relationship Builder: You take your relationships seriously. You know that prospects may not be interested in your offering today, and you know how to keep them warm so they know where to go when they need our product/service. You treat prospects as partners and understand the power of referrals.
- Savvy. You recognize our clients send gifts for a reason and strive to understand their business in order to creatively offer solutions for their unique needs. You understand you’re not just closing a single deal, but building partnerships and investing in your clients’ success in order to become a trusted advisor that can support them across any potential gifting occasions.
- A Problem Solver: You naturally look for ways to improve the business development process, whether it’s through improving sales collateral, identifying new avenues to identify leads, or forming crisper language around our value proposition.
- Purpose-Driven: You’re passionate about our social mission and are excited about using business as a force to effect transformational change through this social enterprise.
- A Hustler: You’re joining a startup, not a corporate sales machine. You’re eager to roll up your sleeves and join the ride of innovation and change. As you identify opportunities to make our organization run smoother you’re eager to raise your hand to implement that solution.
- Collaborative: You are eager to improve and share best practices with the sales team, and collaborate with marketing to create the most effective sales collateral for our needs. You believe a “rising tide lifts all ships” and recognize that the growth of a successful brand is beneficial for everyone on the team.
- 3+ years of sales or business development experience
- Experience with prospecting, cold calling, and networking
- A motivated and goal-oriented personality with a self-starting attitude
- Exceptional organization and management skills
- The ability to learn quickly and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- BA/BS Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – no fear of the phone
- Current US work authorization
- Competitive Salary Based on Experience
- Strong Commission Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid holidays, generous vacation days
- Continuing education stipend
- Purpose Driven Culture
- Remote work