About the Role:
We’re looking for a Chicago-based Marketing Content Manager with B2B and B2C experience to join our fun, professional, and hard-working team. The right candidate’s writing and content management skills will expand our marketing efforts and drive business growth through sharp storytelling and data-based decision making.
Your average day will center around copy creation while keeping strategy and user experience in your line of vision. You should be a strong writer who’s no stranger to writing for a variety of marketing channels, acing internal style guidelines, and writing with specific business goals in mind. And you won’t go it alone: our growing team includes other marketing professionals and agencies. The average week may include writing blogs, social posts, website copy, email copy, or B2B collateral such as white papers and ebooks. Beyond your top-notch writing, you should be an idea generator who enjoys keeping up with marketing or content trends and has a passion for connecting with audiences. Experience with email automation is preferred.
In addition to your resume, please submit a portfolio or links to your writing. Later-round interviews will include a writing test.
About the Company:
Packed with Purpose is a fast-growing company that embeds social impact into the everyday act of gift giving for corporate clients and consumers. Each of our gifts includes products from purposeful organizations and companies that create an impact, such as empowering underserved communities, providing job skills to women and young people, and supporting global sustainability efforts. Our clients, from Fortune 500 companies to nonprofit organizations, choose our gifts to spread that social impact to their employees, partners, and clients while positively influencing their businesses. As a company focused on social impact, we want you to be as excited about our mission as we are.
- Drive engagement KPIs and brand awareness among B2B and B2C customers by creating, sharing, and distributing timely content
- Maintain the marketing content calendar
- Update gift and purveyor descriptions and keep website content up to date, ensuring a fluid user experience
- Strategically create content and across appropriate channels based on marketing objectives
- Embed yourself in our industry and competitive set to keep our content evolving
- Bring ideas to the table that elevate our ability to delight and connect with clients
- Become an expert on our audiences at all stages of the sales funnel
- Send email newsletters, setting up their workflows and A/B tests
- Use available data to make educated content decisions and diagnose issues
- Identify new channels or growth areas to improve audience engagement and brand awareness
- Collaborate with sales and operations to streamline processes and align on strategy
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3-5 years relevant content marketing experience
- Excellent storytelling ability and a track record of making compelling content choices
- Experience writing within an editorial style guide
- Demonstrable experience in B2B and B2C content writing, in a variety of content types
- A passion for strategy and calculated content experimentation
- Experience working in a CMS or with editorial workflows
- Highly organized, with experience managing concurrent projects
- Experience in writing for SEO
- Strong research skills
- Current U.S. work authorization
- Experience working in a CRM like Hubspot
- Experience working in ecommerce platforms like Shopify
- Experience with email automation is preferred.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid holidays, generous vacation days
- Continuing education stipend
- Purpose-driven, collaborative culture
- Remote work
To apply, please answer three short-answer questions and submit your resume and 5-10 content samples here.