About the Company:
Packed with Purpose is a fast-growing, corporate gifting company that embeds social impact into the everyday act of gift giving. As a B2B and consumer brand our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to nonprofit organizations. Our dual-purpose mission is to develop and grow emerging brands and social enterprises, including small, woman and diverse-owned businesses, and to enable companies to create social impact through meaningful client, employee and stakeholder gifts. As a proudly Certified Women-Owned business we have seen revenues increase nearly 3,000% in the last 3 years, placing us #149 in Inc.’s 2021 5000 Fastest-Growing U.S. Private Companies.
About the Role:
Packed with Purpose is looking for an experienced B2B-oriented VP of Marketing who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and has the experience and success to fully own all Marketing efforts at a fast-growing start-up company.
This is a unique opportunity to build a powerful brand that enables businesses and consumers to create a social impact through the everyday act of gift giving. The VP of Marketing should be an experienced strategic thinker and seasoned storyteller with a proven ability to build brands, disrupt categories and drive growth. They will report to the Chief Executive Officer, have ownership of the marketing team, and be responsible for creating and executing a full funnel marketing strategy for the Packed with Purpose brand. This new role was created to scale a small, but growing team and to continue Marketing’s outsized impact in driving company revenue growth.
In this strategic role, the right candidate will be expected to roll up their sleeves early on, work cross-functionally with members of the leadership team, and will be responsible for increasing awareness, engagement, and conversion for B2B and ecommerce customers.
This role can be fully remote (US only) or based out of our headquarters in Chicago. This is an exciting opportunity to grow an early-stage, purpose-driven company with a strong product-market fit, and an incredible culture of collaboration and problem solving.
What will you do?
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Own PwP’s market position and brand strategy. Determine how we should position ourselves, how we should stand out relative to the competition, and how we should get this message out to the prospects, customers and ambassadors who should hear it.
- Lead the team. Lead all marketing efforts that include brand strategy and positioning, PR, creative communication planning and execution. Build, mentor, develop, and coach the team you need to continue growing this early-stage company.
- Deliver results. Leverage and develop qualitative and quantitative data to make decisions. Rally the team around achieving targets. Manage CAC and ROAS. Establish and share marketing metrics with the team, and with PwP’s Advisory Board.
- Drive creative. Think big and come up with innovative campaigns and stories that make the most of budgets and our stories-first brand, while leading a team to execute with excellence.
- Build the full-funnel strategy and the budget to support it. Oversee all customer acquisition across social (paid and organic), paid search, direct mail, podcast, affiliates, and other channels.
- Collaborate across the org. You’ll be the voice for marketing in the leadership team, and a key contributor to decisions at Packed with Purpose, partnering directly with the CEO and VP of Strategy & Partnerships and Sales Leadership
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years experience in B2B marketing, ideally in a fast growing startup environment
- Accomplished track record of building and scaling innovative B2B and consumer brands through traditional and digital marketing strategies, across multiple marketing channels
- Proven managerial and mentoring skills, and a desire to develop and coach your direct reports
- A great mix of creative and analytical thinking; data-driven, customer-focused and brand-obsessed
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and complete responsibilities in a fast paced, changing environment
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external stakeholders
This position is well-suited for you if you:
- Believe in our mission, are aligned with our values, and want to contribute to our vision
- Want the opportunity to own the marketing strategy and budget at a growing company
- Have a big-picture mindset and can envision how multiple marketing tactics work together to tell our story and drive business results
- Are able to prioritize multiple deadlines and deliverables at once
- Have extreme attention to detail and the ability to self-manage
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset with a desire to solve problems and get the job done
- Can think “out of the box” to creatively come up with and test new innovative solutions
- Have the ability to build and maintain great relationships with internal and external partners
- Maximum impact to directly contribute to company growth
- A culture of transparency and trust, the foundation of great teamwork and excellence
- Annual Professional Development stipend to invest in your own growth
- A company that celebrates all forms of justice, diversity, inclusion and equity
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Flexible Savings Account
- Paid holidays, generous vacation days
- Purpose Driven Culture
- Remote work