About the Role:
We’re looking for a Chicago-based VP of Operations and Finance to join our fast-growing company. In this role you will work directly with the Founder/CEO to drive the strategy and successful execution for the company’s operations and finances, building the foundation for our continued growth. The role will involve developing and maintaining business’ forecasts and our financial plan, optimizing our approach to inventory management and working capital, forecasting costs, driving margin enhancement and overall continuous financial improvement. The successful candidate will combine effective hands-on day-to-day financial management with curiosity, insightful strategic thinking, analytics and superior management skills working alongside other senior leaders within our organization. This is a great opportunity to make an impact at a growing, early-stage B2B and e-commerce company with social impact at its core.
About the Company:
Packed with Purpose is a fast-growing, woman-owned company that embeds social impact into the everyday act of gift giving for corporate clients and consumers. Each of our gifts includes products from purposeful organizations and companies that create an impact, such as empowering underserved communities, providing job skills to women and young people, and supporting global sustainability efforts. Our clients, from Fortune 500 companies to nonprofit organizations to socially conscious individuals, choose our gifts to spread that social impact to their employees, clients, and friends while positively influencing their businesses. As a company focused on social impact, we want you to be as excited about our mission as we are.
- Develop, establish, and manage the execution of operations budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes
- Work with CEO and senior leaders to establish and ensure P&L targets are appropriately set and achieved
- Drive operational cost improvements, margin enhancements and opportunities for the business
- Prepare company for possible future debt and/ or equity financing
- Conduct financial modeling to support business expansion initiatives and opportunities
- Participate in strategic planning analysis and evaluation of special projects, including potential product and brand expansions
- Partner with CEO and senior leaders to create a five-year financial plan, including specific strategic initiatives, related investment/capital deployment requirements and cost/benefit analyses
- Identify and implement new processes and approaches to achieve financial plan
- Optimize and manage working capital including AR and collections, AP and payment term management and inventory management
- Oversee contract negotiation and legal activities: client and vendor contracts, partnership agreements, vendor contracts, and other legal documents.
- Manage the daily performance of the operations and finance team driving efficiencies across areas such as inventory management, AR, working capital etc.
- Research and oversee implementation of required security and privacy measures
- Ensure compliance with all domain-specific and relevant laws, regulations, policies, and operating agreements
- Bachelor’s degree (finance, business preferred); MBA or Masters is a plus
- 5+ years’ experience with general management responsibilities in a (physical) product industry in a rapid growth environment
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
- Proven P&L management track record
- Experience in launching new technology products, and scaling for growth and profitability
- Expertise in defining and scaling operational processes
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a manner that focuses the team and drives results
- Excellent people skills with an ability to partner with a dynamic team
- Be an active and supportive collaborator on our mission to create social impact
- Current U.S. work authorization
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid holidays, generous vacation days
- Continuing education stipend
- Purpose-driven, collaborative culture
- Remote work