Are you interested in applying your sales tenacity to create a positive impact? Are you eager to join a highly collaborative, fast-paced start-up environment to do good? If so, Packed with Purpose may be just what you’re looking for.
About the Company:
Packed with Purpose is a corporate gifting company that embeds social impact into the everyday act of gift giving, from empowering underserved women with job skills to supporting sustainability efforts. Packed with Purpose gifts enable companies (from Fortune 500 to nonprofit organizations) to create social impact while positively influencing their business across employees, clients, and other key stakeholders.
About the Role:
We are seeking a sales professional to help expand our B2B/corporate gifting services. As a Business Development Representative, your main priority is to educate potential customers about the value of Packed with Purpose gifts to successfully convert prospects into customers.
In this role you will be directly responsible for sourcing, cultivating, and closing new client deals while maintaining ongoing client relationships. Success in this role is measured by hitting and exceeding monthly sales goals through cold calls, emails, and in-person networking to source and close new client orders. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has experience with cold calling and emailing, and is an eager, high-energy sales professional. This role is for a remote sales position.
- Drive sales growth by owning and managing a pipeline of prospects, all managed in our CRM (Hubspot)
- Identify prospects and aggregate leads across target industries and functions
- Educate, strategize and successfully sell Packed with Purpose gifts to prospects through phone, email and in-person networking
- Become an expert in our custom gift solutions, including learning our suppliers and their unique products, to build gift options based on a client’s needs
- Quickly develop relationships to successfully set up meetings with qualified prospects
- Collaborate with marketing and sales on lead quality and conversion
- Create and prioritize strategic target account lists
- Evangelize Packed with Purpose and our unique gifting solutions
- Discover and attend local organizations and events to expand the Packed with Purpose brand awareness and client base through networking
- Utilize your existing network and cultivate a broader base of contacts to source opportunities
- Exceed goals of qualified opportunities and closed business
- Stay organized and manage your time effectively to complete your goals
- Work independently to establish a market presence in your region, using Packed with Purpose best practices and brand assets
- Consistently delight customers from initial prospecting to closed sale
The Ideal Candidate Is:
- Tenacious: You’ve sold before and know what’s involved in identifying and converting leads. You are comfortable with every step of the sales process, from identifying target customers, cultivating relationships, closing deals and engaging clients for future orders. Inside sales experience a plus.
- A Relationship Builder: You take your relationships seriously. You know that prospects may not be interested in your offering today, and you know how to keep them warm so they know where to go when they need our product/service. You treat prospects as partners and understand the power of referrals.
- A Problem Solver: You naturally look for ways to improve the business development process, whether it’s through improving sales collateral, identifying new avenues to identify leads, or forming crisper language around our value proposition.
- Socially Conscious: You’re passionate about our social mission and are excited about using business as a force to effect transformational change through this social enterprise.
- A Hustler: You’re joining a startup, not a corporate sales machine. You’re eager to roll up your sleeves and join the ride of innovation and change. You’ll likely hear many ‘Nos’ for every ‘Yes’ from prospects. This doesn’t dishearten you, but rather fuels your creativity to identify the best approach to close sales.
- Collaborative: You are eager to improve and share best practices with the sales team, and collaborate with marketing to create the most effective sales collateral for our needs.
- 2+ years of sales or business development experience
- Experience with prospecting, cold calling and networking
- A motivated and goal-oriented personality with a self-starting attitude
- Exceptional organization and management skills
- The ability to learn quickly and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- BA/BS Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills — no fear of the phone
- Current U.S. work authorization
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Strong commission plan
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays, generous vacation days
- Purpose-driven culture
- Remote work
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter explaining why they are a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org